Monday, August 27, 2012

days, recently

Apologies for my blogging absence outside of our CSA posts.  I'm not sure if it's just the late summer days or feeling just busy enough with work and home that I don't often find myself with the mental energy and motivation for writing.  I'm rather sure that cooler weather will have an effect on this feeling, though!

Important days that have passed in my absence: blog anniversary!  I've been blogging for just over one year now.  I can't believe it's only been one year, actually, because it seems that so much more has happened between now and last summer - the biggest things being that we now live in Chicago and I have employment.  Many thanks to those of you who have encouraged me along the way in this writing.  I don't think I would maintain this space if I knew that no one out there cared :-)

Day after anniversary: my birthday.  Yes, it was lovely.  I did work, which made for a quiet evening with my love and two slices of pie.  We've decided that turning 25 makes me a real adult.  Whether that's true now, earlier or later, I am so thankful for another year of life and growth.

Finally, we were on a vacation earlier this month that I have yet to share much about.

Cape Cod is an annual trip for my family reaching back almost 50 years.  My grandparents took my mom and her siblings, my parents take my family, and this year Grady and I returned to a cottage we called 'ours.'  As always, it was beautiful.






I just started a page on Flickr as well, where you can find a few more photos from our vacation, if you like.

Happy Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment