Monday, October 3, 2011

dear pen pal,

Well, we've moved!  The house is still full of boxes and not quite functional yet, but it's coming along.  We won't have internet for at least another week, so posts may be a little more sporadic for a while.  For now, I'm writing from our local coffee shop!

.........................................................................................................

I have a pen pal.  We're probably more like every-other-month-letter-writers, but I think that still counts.  Getting personal letters in the mail is the best, especially from someone you love (but really, who writes to you unless they love you?).  Mail in this day and age is by far the most complex and time consuming method of communication that I use.  For some reason I thought that my writing and my typing we about on par ... apparently I have not written much by hand in a while.  When I sit down to write a reply, my hand starts aching and my paper starts filling long before I have said all that I wish to say.  I will need to try to condense my thoughts to say just what I need to say in the best (and shortest) way that I can.




Of course, my pen pal actually lives in the same city as me so we can talk over coffee to make up for the brevity of our letters.  I'll keep writing though, mostly because I love getting mail :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment