Thursday, November 17, 2011

{new york living}


 Some of our first days (oh my do we look young!) ...




On the steps of St. Thomas ...


 Enjoying a street fair (how I love street fairs)...

 

Grady and I in Central Park ...  







I will miss Christmas in New York - the lights, the music, the window shopping ...




What does it mean to be "from" a place?  I find myself still wanting to explain that I'm actually 'from' New York, even though I didn't grow up there and now I will not meet with the rest of my family there either.  But this is a place that has shaped a part of who I am.  I know that city - in my own way, of course.  In myself I hold a set of knowledge that is devoted simply to living in that city ...

... how to properly hail a cab
... the specific way you need to swipe your card at the 79th St. station for the downtown 1
... the order of Madison, Lexington and Park going across town
... making sure to press 'Door Close' after you select your number in an elevator
... how many blocks is too far to walk
... where to stand on a subway platform so the doors will stop right in front of you ... and so that you'll be directly in front of the turnstiles when you stop at your home station
...
...

I will miss you, New York.

Good-bye to our beautiful home in our great city.

We're heading for a new adventure now -

No comments:

Post a Comment