Monday, January 9, 2012

the Christmas Knitting post

I was holding off on this post for a little while because I failed to get pictures of the final pieces actually being worn by many of the recipients.  My hope was that my siblings would rally to my blogging cause and take the pictures I needed but that didn't happen.  So, we will have to make due with the pictures that I do have!

My ambitious goal this Christmas was to knit one item for each of my siblings - have I mentioned that there are 5 of them?  I picked out the yarns and mostly decided on patterns {or at least general ideas} back in early October and then began work.  I am happy to report that I completed all projects plus one and a half {although one was still being finished Christmas morning!}.  The extra "one" was for my mom and the "and a half" was the hat I started for my dad and then ran out of yarn.


Special thanks to my grandma who taught me how to knit.  I saved wrapping these gifts until the very last minute so that I could show them to her Christmas Eve.

Calvin's Hat: Family Ribbed Hats by Joelle Hoverson




Kelsey's Fingerless Gloves:
Golden Eyelet Cable Mitts by Cathleen Campbell





A Scarf for Jon: simple seed stitch





For Jess, a cowl: Greyhaven by Robin Ulrich




Christian's Fingerless Gloves (I have no completed picture!):
modified  Treads, a tipless gloves pattern by Victoria Anne Baker



Last-minute hat for Mom (I made it in about 2.5 hours in the car to this Christmas gathering):
The Sweetie Pie Hat from the purl bee






I enjoyed the knitting on all of these projects although some were certainly harder than others (not a sign of who I love more!).  To find the patterns or to see my pattern notes, you can find me on Ravelry.  phew! 

Now to decide what I will knit for me ... suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment