Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Name Is Courtney ...

... and I have an addiction.





I don't think I could even say that my addiction is to books, exactly, because I don't feel a strong desire to purchase books.  But give me a library card and I will return home with as many books as I can fit between my palms and chin.  Thankfully, we live next door to our library - as in, the library building connects to our building (we still have to go outside to get in though), so my trip isn't too far.  I read in genres, if that isn't apparent from the titles.  This happens because it's what I'm interested in, but it also happens because our library is so small that all of these genres are in the same aisle.  As I walk down the row with my head sideways looking for one type of book, I see another that catches my eye.  Before you know it, I have to force myself to leave - after having visited only one short aisle - or be stuck making two trips to my apartment for all of the books.

Have you read any of these books?  Have others you could recommend?  Want a review of what I've read?  What are you reading these days?

Thank you, dear country, for having free public libraries (and God for all the world and knowledge)!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! I adore libraries as well... there's nothing as satisfying as working your way through a stack of books! And the bigger the betterr

    ReplyDelete