Thursday, December 1, 2011

a headband for me

There's been a significant amount of knitting happening around these parts in the past few weeks.  Of course it's all very top secret and I can't share hardly a single bit of it with you at this moment.  But!  I finished a project today with some yarn to spare and, weary of knitting for others, knit this quick little headband for myself.



I couldn't find a pattern for my thick yarn, but the concept is simple enough.  Cast on a few stitches and work in rib pattern then increase every right side row until it's the size you want, knit until it's the length you want, then decrease.  I was worried about running out of yarn but as it turns out, I actually made it slightly too big!  Not to worry though, it will still keep my ears warm without messing up my hair.


This last picture makes me feel like a teenager ... taking pictures of myself.  I hope it actually looks cute on my head, but at some point in the middle of the winter I'm sure I won't care because attempting to keep my body above the freezing point will be my single-minded preoccupation.  And at least I made no waste of that yarn and rewarded myself with this very fast (less than 1 hour) little project.

Bring it on, winter.
  ... ah ... I mean ...

No comments:

Post a Comment