Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February's Sweater

... February's Baby Sweater, to be exact.


It has taken me a month to complete, but on the very last day of February this lovely little sweater will be finished and sent off to a baby girl, recently welcomed into her family.  The pattern is from The Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman and it was my first sweater!


Forgive the lack of buttons.  I have only about 3 choices at the house, none of which are quite right, so I'll have to buy some and sew them on en route.  The pattern itself, once I understood what dear Elizabeth was saying, was easy enough.  I followed many others' leads on Ravelry who suggested knitting the sleeves in the round so as to avoid any seaming.  While I do hate seaming, I think that next time I might choose that over the several problems I ran into working in the round.  More on that in my ravelry notes.

 


The yarn is a wool/acrylic blend.  When on a budget and knitting for a baby, it seems like a better choice.  Hopefully the wool will make it warm and the acrylic will make it durable {soft} and machine washable - only I cringe at what EZ would say! 

The weather here seems to be getting warmer sooner than usual but not so warm that babies don't need to be cozy.  I think the pattern on the sweater also lends itself nicely to early spring weather as well.  Hopefully this little girl (or more likely her parents) agrees.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty!

    I've done baby hats and blankets, but I haven't been brave enough to try a baby sweater yet. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is... wow! That is a beautiful sweater; I am inspired :)

    ReplyDelete