Wednesday, February 1, 2012

a few little things

Little knitted items for a soon-to-be-here little person.

Grady's co-worker is preparing to welcome a little girl into the world and we're doing our part to make sure this baby looks cute and stays warm.



These are Baby Janes.  Aren't they just so cute?!  The pattern is free on Ravelry, the yarn is Bernat Cottontots (not wool, I know ... but it's very soft and was already in my stash).  The cutest ladybug buttons are from my new favorite yarn store, Loopy Yarns.



This sweet little cap is supposed to have a ribbon running through the bottom edge.  Once I find a craft store, I'll be purchasing something red and possibly polka-dotted to match the ladybug buttons.  I made a few changes to this pattern (also free on Ravelry), which you can read more about in my notes.

These are the first items I've made for a baby and I must say it might become an addiction - they're just so little and cute when finished and they give you near-instant gratification because you can make so much in just a few hours.  Good thing I know another baby or two in the world who I'm sure would love to have a little knitted gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment